LastPass has lost the trust of a lot of folks. If you're one of the people that has not switched off yet, here's how you can very easily switch from LastPass and import your passwords to BitWarden.
- Start by creating an account with Bitwarden. You can do this by visiting the Bitwarden website and clicking on the "Sign Up" button. Follow the prompts to create your account.
- Once you have created your Bitwarden account, you will need to install the Bitwarden extension for your web browser. You can do this by visiting the Bitwarden website and clicking on the "Download" button. From there, select the browser you are using and follow the prompts to install the extension.
- Once the Bitwarden extension is installed, you will need to import your passwords from LastPass. To do this, click on the Bitwarden icon in your browser's toolbar and select the "Import" option. From there, select LastPass as the source and follow the prompts to import your passwords.
- After your passwords have been imported, you can begin using Bitwarden to manage and secure your online accounts. When you visit a website that requires a login, the Bitwarden extension will automatically fill in your username and password for you.
- If you want to continue using LastPass, you can leave your account active and use it as a backup. However, it's important to note that using multiple password managers can lead to confusion and may not provide the highest level of security.
- If you decide to switch to Bitwarden permanently, it is recommended that you deactivate your LastPass account to ensure that you are not using it to store sensitive information. You can do this by logging into your LastPass account and following the prompts to deactivate it.