top of page

2022 Hurricane Preparedness Guide

The 2022 hurricane season is the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season. NOAA says there is a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

Among other things, Louisiana has had its hands full with hurricanes over the past few years. We thought it fitting to bring IT hurricane prep back into the limelight with another preparedness guide. Ben Franklin once said, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." In this case, 30-minutes of preparation before a storm, can save you $10s of thousands in hardware damage and countless hours of lost production and revenue.

Here are a few tips to make sure you can avoid IT calamity this hurricane season:

  • Ensure important applications are in the cloud

  • Install a hearty backup solution for your data and applications

  • Install backup connectivity for your office or remote employees

  • Deploy a collaboration/chat platform like teams or slack for your people

  • Deploy a hosted voice service so your phones continue working even if phone lines go down

Now we know that IT is the last thing on your mind during a named storm, but with enough due diligence on the front end, you can make sure that your business doesn't miss a beat in the case of extended disruption caused by a storm! If you have any questions, reach out to us and we'll be happy to walk you though all of the ways you can be prepared for this hurricane season.


Need IT support? Let us take care of your tech, so you can do what you do best!

Contact us to learn more!

S1 Technology is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) that provides a security-first approach to a full range of managed IT services and support for small to mid-sized businesses.


bottom of page